HP Printer Error Code 04358a98
HP Printer Error Code – Does your Hp printer display a blue screen with error 04358A98?
What are Error Codes and Messages?
Error codes or messages may appear on your product for various reasons. On this page, you can find useful information about the error code 04358a98. Apart from explaining the cause, we also provide you with the necessary steps to resolve it.
My Hp Printer is Showing Error Code 04358a98
Does your Hp printer display a blue screen with error 04358A98 or 04364661? This is a very common case and a problem with several Hewlett Packard printers. Maybe you’ve tried resetting and as far as checking the printer then goes to a blue screen with the same error message. Well, we will gladly provide a solution to overcome the Hp error code 04358a98.
See also: HP Printer Assistant
Hp Printer o/4358a98 Error Code
In some cases, removing the ink cartridges and resetting your printer can resolve this error. Before you follow this repair process please make sure that there are no paper jams and that the carriage can move freely.
Please try by following these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Unplug the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer power cord directly into a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if not automatically turn it on.
- The printer may be experiencing a warm-up period. The printer light may be flashing, and the carriage may be moving.
- Wait until the warm-up period is complete and your printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also, make sure the printer has the latest Firmware.
If the first step has not succeeded in solving your HP printer problem, we still have several options below to solve it:
1. Restart your device.
- Unplug the unit from the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Let it remain without electricity for 5 minutes.
- Continue to plug it back into the electrical outlet.
2. Internal crash
- There might be something inside the printer blocking or a faulty sensor along the paper path. In position, you can’t see and don’t need a lot of paper to block the printer. Remove the toner slowly and carefully, shaking the printer several times.
3. Ink problem
- Try removing all the ink or toner cartridges and reinstalling them one by one. Reposition the print-head carriage encoder strip (this is best done with a professional service). It may be in the wrong position and activated the paper sensor.
- Make sure the paper tray is not full. Make sure the paper is not packed too tightly in the paper tray.
4. System or Connection Error
- If the printer still produces an error message, this indicates a hardware failure. Maybe the paper sensor flag is jammed or damaged. When the paper jams, check if the sensor moves freely.
Also, trying a factory reset to clear backend system errors may help, more information can be found in this video.
So from us, hopefully, your hp printer error code 04358a98 problem can be resolved. Thank you